Climate Mamas and Papas recognize that climate change is real, here and now. We realize that we humans are causing our planet to change in ways which are not for the better, and which threaten our future, our planet, and our very existence. We have a unique opportunity at this moment in our human history, to become positive change agents on a planetary scale. This will not happen by itself. We have choices we have to consciously make.
- To educate and inform Climate Mamas and Papas of all ages from all around the world about the realities of the climate crisis.
- To inspire and empower Climate Mamas and Papas to work together - creatively, thoughtfully and purposefully - to help create a better, stronger and healthier WORLD. The “WORLD” is THE definitive word for us, as for each of us it has it's own meaning, including but not limited to: our children, our home, our community, our place of business, our schools, our houses of worship, our government entities, and also the bigger, 'harder to get your arms around' WORLD, our Planet Earth.
- To offer hope and a collective path which we can all follow, so that we can find the moral courage to fight for and demand a clean, renewable and sustainable future and now for ourselves, our children and for generations to come.
We stand now where two roads diverge. But unlike the roads in Robert Frost’s familiar poem, they are not equally fair. The road we have long been traveling is deceptively easy, a smooth superhighway on which we progress with great speed, but at its end lies disaster. The other fork of the road — the one less traveled by — offers our last, our only chance to reach a destination that assures the preservation of the earth.
Rachel Carson, Writer, Scientist, Ecologist, Environmentalist, Marine biologist, “Silent Spring” 1962
Climate Mama will give you the facts on Climate Change. We will give it to you straight, in a clear and easy format to understand, from trusted and reliable sources that have been vetted and triple checked.
- To help you understand clearly what climate change and global warming mean, and what they mean to you, to your day to day life, and to the lives of the ones you love.
- To keep you updated on the latest developments on climate change from around our planet; what is happening now and what is important for you to know. We want you to meet ordinary people who are doing extraordinary things to fight this incredible challenge we face.
- To help you choose products and services you can feel good about, that will help us all reduce our carbon footprint.
- To demystify our carbon footprint and give you advice on fitting into a "smaller size" so we can all help the earth begin to heal itself.
- To give you the confidence to look your son, your daughter, your grandchild, nephew, niece, student or yourself in the eye and say with certainty that you are doing all you can, as we face this greatest challenge of our lifetimes, to care for our planet earth.
- To empower you to speak up and take positive action in your community and beyond.
- To provide you with the tools you need to help promote and build consensus solutions to our climate crisis, at all levels and with wide and varied participation.